Project Management – Senior Manager $100,000 + bonus
Provides management , mentoring and leadership to 8 – 10 Project Managers, reporting to the AVP of Project management the Senior Manager maintains and establishes adherence to project and portfolio governance, compliance to standards and best practices and enforces delivery of project to strict deadlines, budgets and quality.
- Provide ongoing direction and leadership to Project Managers (PMs) to ensure a consistently comfortable and positive project experience.
- Demonstrate leadership with a solid understanding of Program and Project Management.
- Ensure that the business has qualified/specialized PMs to conduct projects through timely and optimal management of resources.
- Have oversight of assigned programs/projects within the portfolio ensuring:
- Directly manage or actively support PMs for complex and/or strategically important projects involving several stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (written and verbal), with proven ability to effectively interact with Senior Management, Project Sponsors and Owners, steering committee members, operations and project partners (Technology Solutions segment, Finance, etc.).
- Deliver, in partnership with the business line, Technology Solutions and Finance, key metrics around Project Experience and Excellence, Audit, Compliance and Advice.
- Perform quality control of project deliverables.
- Ensure timely and quality reporting on project progress, spend, forecast, risks and issues.
- Ensure quality of project document repositories, including mandatory documents and document signoffs.
- Adherence to project and portfolio governance
- Compliance with all project management methodology norms, standards and best practices
- Project delivery based on quality, scope, budget and timeline agreed to with the client to enable the realization of benefits.
- Contribute to excellence through consistent oversight, guidance and mentorship.
- Attract, develop and retain team of Project Managers recognized as subject matter experts and thought leaders in project delivery to support the portfolio demand.
- Support a work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork.
- Develop employees within resource planning strategy.
- Act as a Knowledge Leader and point of escalation for any topic from the Project Managers.
- Possess the ability to guide others to a desired conclusion and have the ability to hold them accountable.
Support the AVP of Project Management
- Work closely with the Portfolio & Methodology team to ensure continuous improvement and optimization of project management tools and practices.
- Collaborate with sponsors, stakeholders, and Technology Solutions to ensure project processes align with business and technology strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships and foster communication between various teams and contributors.
- Manage client relationships as they pertain to projects assigned.
- Act as the central point of communication and escalation for PMs on assigned projects.
- Contribute to the growth, direction and mandate of the PMO.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of experience managing large scale cross line-of-business projects, demonstrating ability to take independent action to achieve results, with a proven record in coaching, mentoring and leading teams. Experience in an Insurance or Financial Industry is preferred
Proven skills and abilities in the following areas are a must:
- Strong leadership, relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communicator, comfortable and confident interacting with all levels of employees from various areas
- Analytics and strong business acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Change management skills
- Negotiation and facilitation
Other abilities and skills:
- Excellent communication skills. English, both verbal and written, ability to speak French is desirable although not required
- Strong knowledge of project management best practices
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org