Ottawa – Underwriting, Electronic Business Specialist $55/$60k
Position: Underwriting, Electronic Business Specialist and Trainer
- Maintain and develop knowledge of our systems, products, and any system enhancements or new product launches. Deliver training on our Broker technology.
- Deliver and conduct follow-up visits on system training to Brokers.
- Conduct monthly review and analysis of assigned Brokers. Gain buy-in and communicate with Brokers to encourage and improve usage of Broker tools. Work with Regional teams to identify Broker candidates for Point of Sale tools and identify opportunities to increase usage with existing Brokers.
- Conduct quality control of Helpline Calls and provide coaching to Helpline agents.
- Develop and maintain training material including in order to communicate and encourage usage of tools.
- Recommend process and/or technology changes to improve business results and maintain competitiveness.
- University degree or related business experience
- Completion of or progress toward a Certified Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Minimum of three years prior experience in a personal lines underwriting role at an intermediate or senior level
- Computer literacy including a high level of knowledge of Halcion and our other policy processing systems is essential and familiarity with Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Individual must hold a valid Drivers Licence and have a willingness to travel within the geographic territory of the region.
- Individual must possess the following skills; outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; ability to teach the Adult Learner; sound knowledge of Personal Lines products, guidelines and underwriting rules
To apply please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org